Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Night Before

So this is going to my attempt at trying to keep a blog this summer. It is tuesday night and I am getting very nervous/excited/OMGsh I can't believe this is happening. I just graduated from Franciscan University this past Saturday, and tomorrow I leave for three months to walk for the unborn children and to preach the pro-life message. It will hopefully be an awesome summer, but I am leaving behind so much, like my family, friends, URTM, a JOB! Yes, a job. I will not be making any money this summer, and I have loans to start paying off in November, but through this whole process of applying to Crossroads and getting accepted has really been guided by the Lord's hand. There is no doubt in my mind that I am suppose to do this this summer. Every prayer and action has been pointing to this since February, and now the time has finally come. 


So for those of you who have been reading this thus far and are saying to yourselves, "What is Crossroads?" well here is your answer. Crossroads is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to spreading the pro-life message. 


"Crossroads was founded in 1995 by Steve Sanborn, a student at Franciscan University of Steubenville (Ohio) as a response to John Paul II’s call to the youth of the world to take an active role in the pro-life movement in order to establish a Culture of Life. An integral part of Crossroads is our yearly pro-life pilgrimages across the United States. Each summer, young adults walk on four simultaneous pro-life walks across America from Seattle, San Francisco, San Jose and Los Angeles to Washington, D.C.. Walking over 12,000 miles and through 40 states, these young people hope to convert the hearts and minds of others – at the grass-roots level – by witnessing to the dignity and sanctity of all human life, from the moment of conception to natural death. Crossroads also conducts a pro-life walk across Canada each summer from Vancouver to Ottawa, which takes simultaneously with our other walks,"
-Crossroads web-site


Tomorrow I leave for Seattle for training, then on Saturday we will do a symbolic "first walk" through Seattle , and then Monday the real walking starts. I won't bore you with the details just yet, but they will be coming soon!!


Well, enough for now. Hopefully I will update tomorrow, in Seattle! 
Goodnight to all!
*Jezu Ufam Tobie*
Kirstin

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! Can't wait to hear about all your upcoming adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee!! I can't wait to read another walker's perspective :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kirstin! God is certainly using you for His message... remember, Christ has no body now, but yours... you are literally walking for Jesus. We will be praying for you this summer at URTM! Please offer a few steps for us.-- Rob

    ReplyDelete